ENROLLMENT FOR FALL 2017
2017-2018 Open Enrollment Application Announcement
Open Enrollment (OE) for the 2017-2018 school year will begin on January 1st.
- All parents interested in having their student in the lottery need to complete an application. Please keep in mind if you enrolled for the 2016-2017 school year and your child had not been selected to attend Ogden Preparatory Academy, you will need to re-enroll in the database for the 2017-2018 school year. Students not chosen through the lottery program will not be "rolled over" to the next school year.
- Open Enrollment will begin January 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM.
- The first lottery will be held during the first week of February and parents will be notified of the results by e-mail. The e-mail will identify the next steps in the registration and provide a timeline to follow.
Families will be notified via e-mail of their child's acceptance into the school through the computerized lottery program.
- We will continue accepting new applications for enrollment and draw from the lottery as needed to fill any open positions.
Currently enrolled students will receive the Intent to Return form on December 15, 2016. Intent to Return forms are expected to be returned by January 15, 2017. Students currently attending the school will receive first preference.
Questions? Read Our Enrollment FAQ
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces four Federal statutes that prohibit discrimination in programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the Department of Education (ED). Ogden Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age.
Withdraw from Enrollment
In accordance with Utah State Code Section 53A-1A 506.5 (2), the parent of a student enrolled in a charter school may withdraw the student from that charter school for enrollment in another charter School or a school district by:
- Submitting notice of intent to enroll the student in the district of residence for the subsequent year to the student's charter school no later than June 30 of the current school year;
- Submitting notice of intent to enroll the student in another charter school for the subsequent school year to the current charter school of attendance, together with a letter of acceptance from the proposed charter school of attendance, no later than June 30 of the current school year; or
- Obtaining approval from both the charter school of attendance and the school district or charter school in which enrollment is sought, if the parent desires to change the student's enrollment during the school year or after June 30.
This means that a family has the right to withdraw from Ogden Prep Academy and re-enroll in a local district school without further procedure through June 30th before the school year starts. However, after June 30th, both the school from which a student is withdrawing as well as the prospective school for enrollment must authorize the change. Families run no risk of being denied re-enrollment in the local district school up through June 30th before the school year starts. The intent of the law is to help all schools, both district and charter, to have a solid projection of enrollment no later than June 30th for the purposes of staffing/hiring.