Applications For the 2019-2020 School Year are now being accepted
Open Enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year has begun.
- All parents interested in having their student in the lottery need to complete an application. Please keep in mind if you applied for this school year and your child was not selected to attend Ogden Preparatory Academy, you will need to re-apply for the next school year. Students not chosen through the lottery program will not be "rolled over" to the next school year.
- Open Enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year began January 1, 2019, at 5:00 AM.
- The lottery will be held on March 1st, 2019 and parents will be notified of the results by e-mail. The e-mail will identify the next steps in the registration and provide a timeline to follow.
- We will continue accepting new applications for enrollment and draw from the lottery as needed to fill any open positions.
Families will be notified via e-mail of their child's acceptance into the school through the computerized lottery program.
Re-Enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year will begin January 1st, 2019. Existing students will receive instructions on how to re-enroll for the 2019-2020 school year. Students currently attending the school will receive first preference.
Questions? Read Our Enrollment FAQ
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces four Federal statutes that prohibit discrimination in programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the Department of Education (ED). Ogden Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age.
Withdraw from Enrollment
In accordance with Utah State Code Section 53A-1A 506.5 (2), the parent of a student enrolled in a charter school may withdraw the student from that charter school for enrollment in another charter School or a school district by:
- Submitting notice of intent to enroll the student in the district of residence for the subsequent year to the student's charter school no later than June 30 of the current school year;
- Submitting notice of intent to enroll the student in another charter school for the subsequent school year to the current charter school of attendance, together with a letter of acceptance from the proposed charter school of attendance, no later than June 30 of the current school year; or
- Obtaining approval from both the charter school of attendance and the school district or charter school in which enrollment is sought, if the parent desires to change the student's enrollment during the school year or after June 30.
This means that a family has the right to withdraw from Ogden Prep Academy and re-enroll in a local district school without further procedure through June 30th before the school year starts. However, after June 30th, both the school from which a student is withdrawing as well as the prospective school for enrollment must authorize the change. Families run no risk of being denied re-enrollment in the local district school up through June 30th before the school year starts. The intent of the law is to help all schools, both district and charter, to have a solid projection of enrollment no later than June 30th for the purposes of staffing/hiring.